The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Adani Port and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ), which rose 5.55% or 24.65 points to trade at 468.90 at the close. HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) added 5.35% or 46.55 points to end at 917.00 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) was up 4.10% or 37.15 points to 944.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ), which lost 1.03% or 19.80 points to trade at 1901.05 in late trade. Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) declined 0.68% or 16.30 points to end at 2398.50 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) shed 0.63% or 31.85 points to 5010.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which rose 5.32% to 915.80, Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was up 4.33% to settle at 945.40 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which gained 3.69% to close at 1219.70.
The worst performers were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 1.00% to 1901.90 in late trade, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which lost 0.71% to settle at 2395.00 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was down 0.70% to 5007.15 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 941 to 711 and 62 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1499 rose and 1301 declined, while 158 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 5.20% to 21.9850.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.23% or 4.35 to $1878.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 1.15% or 0.55 to hit $47.42 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.90% or 0.46 to trade at $50.45 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.22% to 73.860, while EUR/INR fell 0.40% to 90.2530.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 90.188.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.