India shares higher at close of trade; Nifty 50 up 1.07%
Investing.com – India equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Capital Goods , Real Estate and Banking sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 gained 1.07% to hit a new 1-month high, while the BSE Sensex 30 index gained 1.09%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which rose 4.14% or 32.65 points to trade at 821.60 at the close. Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ) added 3.30% or 84.80 points to end at 2657.50 and Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) was up 3.16% or 79.00 points to 2578.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ), which lost 2.53% or 18.00 points to trade at 693.50 in late trade. Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) declined 1.13% or 50.90 points to end at 4465.80 and Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ) shed 0.98% or 194.85 points to 19708.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which rose 3.29% to 2657.35, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was up 2.74% to settle at 8123.85 and Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which gained 2.54% to close at 1953.15.
The worst performers were Wipro Ltd (BO: WIPR ) which was down 2.47% to 693.65 in late trade, Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which lost 1.17% to settle at 19690.10 and Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was down 0.55% to 3555.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1333 to 506 and 34 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2545 rose and 976 declined, while 107 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.43% to 17.6775.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.11% or 2.05 to $1799.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.13% or 0.10 to hit $78.80 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.16% or 0.13 to trade at $81.62 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.29% to 74.059, while EUR/INR fell 0.56% to 83.8910.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 95.920.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or