The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd. (NS: APLH ), which rose 5.43% or 198.95 points to trade at 3,861.75 at the close. Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) added 4.14% or 44.65 points to end at 1,123.25 and HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) was up 3.47% or 20.05 points to 598.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which lost 5.33% or 8.10 points to trade at 143.80 in late trade. NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ) declined 2.76% or 4.25 points to end at 149.90 and Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) shed 1.33% or 9.25 points to 684.40.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which rose 4.10% to 1,123.55, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was up 3.23% to settle at 926.00 and Wipro Ltd (BO: WIPR ) which gained 2.98% to close at 466.95.
The worst performers were NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was down 2.43% to 150.45 in late trade, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which lost 1.24% to settle at 684.75 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 0.97% to 224.85 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1312 to 525 and 37 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2126 rose and 1093 declined, while 120 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 5.45% to 21.48.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.46% or 8.54 to $1,856.14 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.43% or 0.49 to hit $113.60 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.42% or 0.48 to trade at $113.69 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.05% to 77.58, while EUR/INR fell 0.17% to 83.09.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 101.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.