The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ), which rose 6.42% or 32.05 points to trade at 531.00 at the close. Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) added 5.20% or 132.55 points to end at 2680.00 and Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ) was up 3.80% or 23.85 points to 650.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ), which lost 1.95% or 8.45 points to trade at 424.80 in late trade. UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ) declined 1.00% or 4.45 points to end at 442.50 and Vedanta Ltd (NS: VDAN ) shed 0.88% or 0.95 points to 106.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which rose 6.21% to 530.55, Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was up 3.81% to settle at 984.70 and HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which gained 3.45% to close at 570.50.
The worst performers were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 2.24% to 423.55 in late trade, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which lost 0.85% to settle at 2152.20 and ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which was down 0.34% to 362.70 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 995 to 644 and 40 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1604 rose and 1003 declined, while 107 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 5.73% to 26.5075 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.23% or 4.15 to $1784.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.65% or 0.26 to hit $40.08 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.74% or 0.31 to trade at $42.34 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.90% to 74.801, while EUR/INR fell 0.59% to 84.4170.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.25% at 96.912.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.