The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ), which rose 7.03% or 43.60 points to trade at 664.05 at the close. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) added 5.01% or 359.00 points to end at 7524.50 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) was up 4.91% or 125.30 points to 2679.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ), which lost 1.59% or 4.65 points to trade at 287.30 in late trade. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) declined 1.26% or 12.70 points to end at 992.40 and Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ) shed 1.23% or 242.25 points to 19500.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which rose 6.99% to 663.70, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was up 4.94% to settle at 7519.95 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which gained 3.34% to close at 17104.80.
The worst performers were Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was down 1.55% to 19458.10 in late trade, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which lost 1.14% to settle at 993.50 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 0.47% to 2259.30 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 888 to 799 and 48 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1578 fell and 1460 advanced, while 136 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 9.03% to 14.5200 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.35% or 6.40 to $1818.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.82% or 0.57 to hit $68.64 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.58% or 0.42 to trade at $71.81 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.46% to 72.956, while EUR/INR fell 0.17% to 86.3005.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.17% at 92.498.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.