The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ), which rose 5.65% or 61.40 points to trade at 1148.60 at the close. JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ) added 5.07% or 34.55 points to end at 716.55 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) was up 4.27% or 253.70 points to 6195.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ), which lost 2.33% or 56.75 points to trade at 2378.15 in late trade. Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ) declined 1.66% or 52.30 points to end at 3106.75 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ) shed 1.34% or 52.20 points to 3853.20.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which rose 5.65% to 1148.45, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was up 4.21% to settle at 6187.70 and Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which gained 3.93% to close at 546.50.
The worst performers were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which was down 2.27% to 2378.65 in late trade, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which lost 1.73% to settle at 3104.45 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was down 1.32% to 3852.60 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1204 to 500 and 27 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2065 rose and 1020 declined, while 127 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 10.00% to 11.8850.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.45% or 8.15 to $1795.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.11% or 0.78 to hit $71.08 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.02% or 0.74 to trade at $72.97 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.01% to 74.479, while EUR/INR rose 0.01% to 87.8405.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 92.752.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.