The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ), which rose 6.61% or 27.60 points to trade at 445.05 at the close. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) added 4.95% or 8.45 points to end at 179.20 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) was up 4.23% or 8.30 points to 204.35 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which lost 6.60% or 29.40 points to trade at 415.95 in late trade. NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ) declined 3.76% or 3.35 points to end at 85.85 and Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) shed 1.22% or 22.95 points to 1854.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which rose 6.51% to 444.25, State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was up 4.46% to settle at 204.75 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which gained 4.02% to close at 180.05.
The worst performers were NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was down 3.75% to 85.90 in late trade, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which lost 1.48% to settle at 1849.45 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which was down 1.11% to 2050.85 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 835 to 747 and 102 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1347 rose and 1205 declined, while 179 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.85% to 24.2400.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.34% or 6.45 to $1898.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 2.61% or 0.96 to hit $37.77 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 2.44% or 0.95 to trade at $39.92 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.15% to 74.388, while EUR/INR rose 0.33% to 86.9935.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.50% at 93.677.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.