The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ), which rose 8.31% or 95.75 points to trade at 1247.90 at the close. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NS: TCS ) added 5.52% or 97.60 points to end at 1867.10 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) was up 5.16% or 33.15 points to 675.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ), which lost 4.39% or 1.30 points to trade at 28.30 in late trade. Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ) declined 3.73% or 35.50 points to end at 915.90 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) shed 2.73% or 65.15 points to 2321.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which rose 8.59% to 1249.85, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was up 5.97% to settle at 1876.90 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which gained 5.16% to close at 675.20.
The worst performers were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was down 3.75% to 916.45 in late trade, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which lost 2.97% to settle at 2315.85 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 2.37% to 158.40 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 958 to 561 and 79 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1389 rose and 911 declined, while 166 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 8.39% to 39.2300 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.59% or 10.25 to $1748.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 10.38% or 1.43 to hit $15.21 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 6.63% or 1.35 to trade at $21.72 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.31% to 76.160, while EUR/INR fell 0.84% to 81.9865.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.28% at 100.808.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.