The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ), which rose 7.80% or 88.90 points to trade at 1229.10 at the close. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) added 4.21% or 28.85 points to end at 714.20 and Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) was up 3.99% or 18.35 points to 478.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which lost 2.72% or 20.15 points to trade at 720.05 in late trade. Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ) declined 1.57% or 13.90 points to end at 870.35 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) shed 1.43% or 255.45 points to 17565.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which rose 7.75% to 1228.35, HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was up 3.91% to settle at 1189.10 and Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which gained 3.80% to close at 712.30.
The worst performers were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was down 1.56% to 870.00 in late trade, Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which lost 1.49% to settle at 17564.70 and Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was down 0.60% to 18888.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1229 to 516 and 55 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2028 rose and 1096 declined, while 173 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.09% to 17.2350.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.20% or 3.65 to $1787.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.51% or 0.43 to hit $84.00 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.91% or 0.76 to trade at $84.48 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.01% to 74.926, while EUR/INR rose 0.08% to 86.6800.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 94.145.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.