India shares higher at close of trade; Nifty 50 up 1.46%
Investing.com – India equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Power , Real Estate and Auto sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 gained 1.46%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index added 1.37%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ), which rose 5.81% or 49.95 points to trade at 909.50 at the close. Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ) added 5.68% or 209.15 points to end at 3,892.10 and Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) was up 5.18% or 118.65 points to 2,407.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which lost 1.59% or 2.70 points to trade at 166.95 in late trade. Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd. (NS: APLH ) declined 1.11% or 52.00 points to end at 4,624.05 and AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) shed 0.73% or 5.70 points to 775.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which rose 3.93% to 231.65, Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was up 3.92% to settle at 2,550.00 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which gained 3.85% to close at 938.00.
The worst performers were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 0.70% to 775.20 in late trade, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which lost 0.15% to settle at 3,125.40 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was down 0.12% to 7,901.30 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1114 to 719 and 39 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1861 rose and 1415 declined, while 102 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 9.74% to 19.19.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.52% or 9.85 to $1,905.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.01% or 0.01 to hit $98.55 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.27% or 0.28 to trade at $102.44 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.03% to 76.57, while EUR/INR fell 0.39% to 81.85.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 101.88.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or