The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ), which rose 4.52% or 114.70 points to trade at 2,651.50 at the close. Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) added 3.92% or 7.80 points to end at 206.90 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ) was up 3.15% or 27.75 points to 909.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ), which lost 1.33% or 13.50 points to trade at 998.55 in late trade. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) declined 0.92% or 12.10 points to end at 1,302.15 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) shed 0.77% or 1.35 points to 174.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which rose 3.50% to 911.35, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was up 2.70% to settle at 7,875.85 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which gained 2.46% to close at 15,890.00.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 0.88% to 1,302.20 in late trade, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which lost 0.63% to settle at 734.75 and Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was down 0.60% to 18,203.90 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1326 to 488 and 49 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2219 rose and 1084 declined, while 99 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 4.39% to 17.85.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.50% or 9.80 to $1,945.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.90% or 0.92 to hit $103.11 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.26% or 1.35 to trade at $108.15 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.19% to 76.13, while EUR/INR rose 0.35% to 83.02.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.41% at 100.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.