The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Vedanta Ltd (NS: VDAN ), which rose 7.75% or 8.60 points to trade at 119.55 at the close. Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) added 7.38% or 17.25 points to end at 251.10 and Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) was up 6.91% or 10.35 points to 160.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ), which lost 3.58% or 99.95 points to trade at 2692.25 in late trade. Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ) declined 1.11% or 0.35 points to end at 31.20 and ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ) shed 0.64% or 1.25 points to 194.05.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which rose 6.64% to 393.35, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was up 6.43% to settle at 387.60 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which gained 4.71% to close at 93.30.
The worst performers were Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was down 3.64% to 2695.80 in late trade, ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which lost 0.87% to settle at 193.85 and HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which was down 0.07% to 1181.30 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 852 to 660 and 107 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1174 rose and 1110 declined, while 140 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.62% to 24.5425.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.34% or 5.35 to $1600.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 3.38% or 1.58 to hit $48.33 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 2.81% or 1.46 to trade at $53.36 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.39% to 73.160, while EUR/INR rose 0.26% to 81.3390.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 97.517.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.