The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ), which rose 3.88% or 68.65 points to trade at 1840.20 at the close. Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) added 3.76% or 92.60 points to end at 2554.65 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) was up 3.45% or 34.05 points to 1022.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ), which lost 0.86% or 6.40 points to trade at 740.30 in late trade. Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ) declined 0.35% or 13.35 points to end at 3828.20 and Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) shed 0.31% or 90.75 points to 29203.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which rose 3.89% to 1839.15, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which was up 3.72% to settle at 2553.95 and Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which gained 3.44% to close at 18318.00.
The worst performers were Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was down 0.33% to 3828.00 in late trade, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which lost 0.20% to settle at 1407.10 and NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was down 0.17% to 117.60 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 868 to 831 and 37 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1637 rose and 1469 declined, while 111 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 7.36% to 13.7475 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.50% or 9.15 to $1813.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.49% or 0.35 to hit $71.61 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.51% or 0.37 to trade at $73.26 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.13% to 74.254, while EUR/INR rose 0.05% to 88.2840.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 91.930.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.