The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ), which rose 4.63% or 815.25 points to trade at 18430.00 at the close. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) added 4.37% or 20.25 points to end at 483.25 and Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) was up 3.68% or 11.40 points to 321.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ), which lost 1.15% or 8.40 points to trade at 724.65 in late trade. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) declined 1.01% or 49.05 points to end at 4797.30 and Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) shed 0.49% or 4.15 points to 850.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which rose 5.15% to 18519.35, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which was up 3.46% to settle at 1770.00 and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which gained 3.11% to close at 2817.95.
The worst performers were Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was down 1.07% to 4796.00 in late trade, ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which lost 0.41% to settle at 242.40 and Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was down 0.38% to 19855.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1068 to 620 and 69 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1860 rose and 1216 declined, while 150 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.67% to 16.6025.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.35% or 6.25 to $1772.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.44% or 0.32 to hit $71.91 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.38% or 0.29 to trade at $75.90 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.18% to 73.668, while EUR/INR rose 0.11% to 86.3350.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.30% at 93.180.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.