The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ), which rose 6.33% or 9.25 points to trade at 155.30 at the close. Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) added 4.90% or 126.90 points to end at 2718.80 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) was up 3.47% or 242.30 points to 7219.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ), which lost 1.44% or 13.60 points to trade at 930.50 in late trade. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) declined 1.10% or 53.85 points to end at 4853.15 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ) shed 0.88% or 7.35 points to 829.80.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which rose 3.52% to 7222.30, Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was up 3.49% to settle at 16963.00 and ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which gained 3.31% to close at 764.75.
The worst performers were Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was down 1.13% to 4853.20 in late trade, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which lost 0.91% to settle at 829.70 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was down 0.30% to 1785.10 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1385 to 452 and 34 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2592 rose and 856 declined, while 133 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.42% to 16.4525.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.13% or 2.40 to $1826.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.42% or 1.07 to hit $76.28 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.57% or 1.22 to trade at $79.00 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.19% to 74.326, while EUR/INR fell 0.33% to 84.3745.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.23% at 95.815.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.