The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ), which rose 3.64% or 258.35 points to trade at 7361.50 at the close. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ) added 3.46% or 248.30 points to end at 7434.90 and Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) was up 3.38% or 14.95 points to 457.45 in late trade.
Biggest losers included HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ), which lost 1.15% or 8.00 points to trade at 686.40 in late trade. Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) declined 0.86% or 16.70 points to end at 1920.45 and Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) shed 0.43% or 19.85 points to 4604.95.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which rose 3.67% to 7363.45, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was up 3.48% to settle at 7437.25 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which gained 3.11% to close at 491.45.
The worst performers were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 0.85% to 1921.60 in late trade, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which lost 0.49% to settle at 204.85 and Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was up 0.44% to 19422.05 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1339 to 444 and 31 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2255 rose and 938 declined, while 126 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 6.47% to 17.2650.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.48% or 8.55 to $1793.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.72% or 0.52 to hit $71.53 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.45% or 0.34 to trade at $75.10 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.11% to 75.472, while EUR/INR rose 0.35% to 85.2345.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 96.183.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.