India shares higher at close of trade; Nifty 50 up 1.88%
Investing.com – India equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Oil & Gas , Consumer Durables and Metals sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 added 1.88%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index climbed 1.81%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ), which rose 5.93% or 116.40 points to trade at 2,078.10 at the close. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) added 5.52% or 17.75 points to end at 339.25 and Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) was up 4.50% or 7.95 points to 184.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ), which lost 0.10% or 17.10 points to trade at 16,950.00 in late trade. Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd. (NS: APLH ) declined 0.09% or 3.50 points to end at 3,808.20 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) gained 0.14% or 2.30 points to 1,681.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which rose 5.92% to 2,078.45, State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was up 3.79% to settle at 450.70 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which gained 3.17% to close at 3,212.00.
The worst performers were Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was down 0.26% to 16,920.05 in late trade, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which gained 0.14% to settle at 1,681.45 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was up 0.19% to 11,735.10 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1576 to 282 and 21 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2403 rose and 815 declined, while 127 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 5.67% to 21.14.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.24% or 4.35 to $1,836.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 2.07% or 2.23 to hit $110.22 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.39% or 1.59 to trade at $115.72 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.14% to 78.07, while EUR/INR rose 0.69% to 82.43.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.32% at 103.92.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or