India shares higher at close of trade; Nifty 50 up 2.57%
Investing.com – India equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Auto , Capital Goods and Real Estate sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 added 2.57% to hit a new all time high, while the BSE Sensex 30 index added 2.46%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ), which rose 16.93% or 47.35 points to trade at 326.95 at the close. Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) added 7.29% or 1789.90 points to end at 26333.50 and UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ) was up 6.98% or 400.90 points to 6145.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ), which lost 2.52% or 17.60 points to trade at 681.45 in late trade. Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) declined 2.23% or 216.80 points to end at 9505.00 and Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) shed 1.50% or 50.05 points to 3290.60.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which rose 7.10% to 333.20, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which was up 7.10% to settle at 6149.95 and HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which gained 5.61% to close at 1560.00.
The worst performers were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was down 1.96% to 9510.00 in late trade, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which lost 1.03% to settle at 2226.00 and Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was down 0.93% to 1488.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1062 to 576 and 56 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1688 rose and 1143 declined, while 171 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.10% to 23.3450.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.69% or 12.85 to $1851.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 2.39% or 1.28 to hit $54.83 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 2.31% or 1.30 to trade at $57.63 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.16% to 72.996, while EUR/INR fell 0.30% to 87.8950.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 91.078.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or