The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ), which rose 3.29% or 104.45 points to trade at 3283.15 at the close. Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) added 1.54% or 26.45 points to end at 1749.20 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) was up 1.24% or 6.05 points to 494.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ), which lost 1.54% or 70.50 points to trade at 4506.45 in late trade. Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ) declined 1.42% or 33.80 points to end at 2339.35 and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) shed 1.17% or 33.30 points to 2808.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which rose 3.25% to 3281.90, State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was up 1.25% to settle at 494.70 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which gained 1.02% to close at 859.70.
The worst performers were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was down 1.39% to 2340.45 in late trade, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which lost 1.12% to settle at 2809.95 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 0.92% to 687.65 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1117 to 657 and 38 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2046 rose and 1134 declined, while 119 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.27% to 16.0600.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.29% or 5.15 to $1771.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.41% or 0.29 to hit $71.23 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.35% or 0.26 to trade at $74.68 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.15% to 75.697, while EUR/INR fell 0.03% to 85.3185.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 96.385.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.