The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ), which rose 3.72% or 90.00 points to trade at 2506.85 at the close. SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) added 3.45% or 29.60 points to end at 888.70 and HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) was up 3.05% or 20.85 points to 704.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ), which lost 6.15% or 6.40 points to trade at 97.70 in late trade. Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ) declined 3.60% or 33.40 points to end at 895.00 and Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) shed 3.24% or 10.90 points to 325.05.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which rose 3.66% to 2506.00, Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which was up 1.40% to settle at 101.10 and Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which gained 1.31% to close at 1561.25.
The worst performers were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was down 3.04% to 900.00 in late trade, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which lost 1.99% to settle at 622.00 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 1.76% to 229.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1000 to 658 and 55 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1617 fell and 1248 advanced, while 179 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.30% to 24.2700.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.64% or 11.70 to $1845.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.29% or 0.17 to hit $58.14 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.16% or 0.10 to trade at $60.80 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.06% to 72.888, while EUR/INR rose 0.45% to 88.2630.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.44% at 90.547.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.