The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ), which rose 3.64% or 5.70 points to trade at 162.10 at the close. Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) added 3.55% or 51.90 points to end at 1513.60 and Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) was up 2.73% or 12.30 points to 463.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ), which lost 1.47% or 295.95 points to trade at 19893.60 in late trade. Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) declined 1.43% or 39.65 points to end at 2734.70 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) shed 1.26% or 25.40 points to 1985.55.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which rose 3.70% to 1514.05, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was up 1.92% to settle at 752.55 and HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which gained 1.29% to close at 1315.80.
The worst performers were Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which was down 1.46% to 2733.05 in late trade, Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which lost 1.22% to settle at 19905.80 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 1.19% to 1986.75 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1178 to 525 and 57 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1989 rose and 1089 declined, while 153 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.17% to 16.4925.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.22% or 3.85 to $1774.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.63% or 1.15 to hit $71.64 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.41% or 1.05 to trade at $75.41 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.20% to 73.885, while EUR/INR rose 0.26% to 86.6660.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 93.188.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.