The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ), which rose 10.09% or 70.95 points to trade at 773.95 at the close. Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) added 7.25% or 81.75 points to end at 1209.55 and Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ) was up 4.18% or 36.95 points to 920.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which lost 2.90% or 13.30 points to trade at 444.80 in late trade. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) declined 2.69% or 172.00 points to end at 6228.10 and SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) shed 2.68% or 30.25 points to 1098.60.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which rose 10.06% to 774.00, Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was up 7.24% to settle at 1209.45 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which gained 2.18% to close at 3845.00.
The worst performers were Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was down 2.59% to 6228.90 in late trade, Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which lost 2.53% to settle at 14221.30 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 2.28% to 431.70 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 920 to 765 and 47 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1746 rose and 1338 declined, while 120 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.10% to 12.8025.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.20% or 3.75 to $1827.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.31% or 0.23 to hit $73.39 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.31% or 0.23 to trade at $74.87 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.21% to 74.399, while EUR/INR rose 0.31% to 88.5240.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 91.852.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.