The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ), which rose 2.76% or 19.35 points to trade at 720.35 at the close. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) added 1.90% or 3.20 points to end at 171.75 and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) was up 1.86% or 44.05 points to 2407.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ), which lost 1.85% or 132.95 points to trade at 7045.95 in late trade. AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) declined 1.79% or 14.25 points to end at 782.80 and ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ) shed 1.79% or 13.70 points to 750.35.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which rose 1.71% to 2410.60, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was up 1.35% to settle at 2444.90 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which gained 0.84% to close at 2307.70.
The worst performers were ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which was down 2.00% to 750.05 in late trade, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which lost 1.90% to settle at 7048.20 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 1.79% to 782.85 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1218 to 592 and 26 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2004 fell and 1264 advanced, while 98 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 6.86% to 22.0050.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.88% or 16.50 to $1888.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 2.22% or 2.08 to hit $91.58 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 2.06% or 1.95 to trade at $92.86 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.11% to 75.036, while EUR/INR fell 0.02% to 85.3065.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 95.800.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.