The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ), which rose 3.80% or 32.65 points to trade at 892.15 at the close. Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) added 1.65% or 8.25 points to end at 509.65 and Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) was up 1.27% or 34.10 points to 2717.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ), which lost 2.58% or 96.10 points to trade at 3621.60 in late trade. HDFC Bank Ltd (NS: HDBK ) declined 1.75% or 28.00 points to end at 1572.25 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ) shed 1.39% or 107.05 points to 7577.55.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which rose 3.92% to 892.90, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which was up 1.18% to settle at 1946.85 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which gained 1.16% to close at 529.20.
The worst performers were HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which was down 1.82% to 1571.15 in late trade, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which lost 1.44% to settle at 2935.45 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was down 1.42% to 7577.05 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1077 to 666 and 66 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1949 rose and 1263 declined, while 169 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.07% to 16.0025.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.11% or 2.00 to $1826.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.50% or 0.41 to hit $82.34 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.48% or 0.40 to trade at $83.83 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.19% to 74.045, while EUR/INR rose 0.26% to 85.8520.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 93.935.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.