The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ), which rose 3.97% or 10.85 points to trade at 284.35 at the close. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) added 3.96% or 213.90 points to end at 5,614.40 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) was up 3.57% or 390.80 points to 11,322.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which lost 13.53% or 20.50 points to trade at 131.05 in late trade. Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) declined 7.20% or 186.95 points to end at 2,408.70 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) shed 2.55% or 5.40 points to 206.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which rose 3.99% to 284.35, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was up 3.97% to settle at 5,614.80 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which gained 3.63% to close at 11,326.35.
The worst performers were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 7.14% to 2,408.95 in late trade, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which lost 2.53% to settle at 206.50 and NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was down 1.82% to 140.55 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 960 to 856 and 50 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1666 rose and 1502 declined, while 149 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.70% to 21.25.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.99% or 17.90 to $1,789.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 2.17% or 2.30 to hit $108.06 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 2.29% or 2.50 to trade at $111.53 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.09% to 78.90, while EUR/INR fell 0.25% to 82.54.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.28% at 104.76.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.