The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ), which rose 2.60% or 22.35 points to trade at 882.50 at the close. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) added 2.21% or 2.75 points to end at 127.20 and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) was up 1.88% or 84.65 points to 4,586.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ), which lost 1.79% or 50.95 points to trade at 2,792.40 in late trade. AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) declined 1.63% or 11.05 points to end at 668.85 and HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) shed 1.59% or 14.55 points to 903.20.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which rose 2.28% to 880.15, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was up 1.73% to settle at 4,581.20 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which gained 1.50% to close at 1,769.00.
The worst performers were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 1.74% to 668.05 in late trade, HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which lost 1.53% to settle at 903.70 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 1.48% to 479.45 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1156 to 660 and 54 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1865 fell and 1338 advanced, while 135 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.97% to 18.34.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 1.39% or 24.10 to $1,711.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 2.45% or 2.36 to hit $93.94 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 1.94% or 1.93 to trade at $97.64 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.17% to 79.93, while EUR/INR fell 0.06% to 80.08.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.64% at 108.44.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.