The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ), which rose 5.06% or 27.35 points to trade at 567.90 at the close. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) added 2.58% or 34.35 points to end at 1365.00 and SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) was up 2.56% or 28.25 points to 1133.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ), which lost 2.66% or 45.10 points to trade at 1652.85 in late trade. Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ) declined 2.54% or 23.20 points to end at 889.90 and Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) shed 2.39% or 6.95 points to 284.45.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which rose 5.08% to 567.90, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was up 2.60% to settle at 1365.15 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which gained 1.71% to close at 992.30.
The worst performers were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 2.64% to 1653.20 in late trade, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which lost 2.36% to settle at 4730.20 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was down 2.27% to 728.45 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1057 to 640 and 31 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1719 fell and 1351 advanced, while 112 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.32% or 5.80 to $1794.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.57% or 0.41 to hit $72.06 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.48% or 0.35 to trade at $73.87 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.23% at 92.653.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.