The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which rose 2.45% or 12.55 points to trade at 525.20 at the close. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) added 1.28% or 2.15 points to end at 169.65 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ) was up 1.18% or 10.40 points to 893.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ), which lost 2.15% or 59.75 points to trade at 2721.75 in late trade. State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) declined 1.81% or 9.80 points to end at 530.30 and NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ) shed 1.79% or 2.45 points to 134.20.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which rose 1.21% to 894.05, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was up 1.06% to settle at 3236.70 and Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which gained 0.90% to close at 1176.15.
The worst performers were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 1.83% to 530.20 in late trade, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which lost 1.73% to settle at 841.25 and NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was down 1.72% to 134.25 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1054 to 745 and 38 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1679 fell and 1560 advanced, while 90 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.37% to 18.8975.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.54% or 9.70 to $1813.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.57% or 1.42 to hit $91.69 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 1.43% or 1.30 to trade at $92.41 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.07% to 74.700, while EUR/INR rose 0.38% to 85.6935.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 95.250.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.