The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ), which rose 4.20% or 124.85 points to trade at 3094.65 at the close. UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ) added 3.96% or 28.25 points to end at 741.50 and Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) was up 2.29% or 115.10 points to 5134.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ), which lost 6.46% or 54.40 points to trade at 787.50 in late trade. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) declined 4.75% or 373.50 points to end at 7482.15 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) shed 3.19% or 5.20 points to 157.90.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which rose 4.42% to 3094.20, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was up 1.45% to settle at 825.35 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which gained 1.44% to close at 1728.70.
The worst performers were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 6.52% to 787.35 in late trade, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which lost 4.70% to settle at 7480.35 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was down 1.85% to 18009.95 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 927 to 816 and 58 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1705 rose and 1375 declined, while 130 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.45% to 16.8275.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.14% or 2.55 to $1790.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.36% or 1.15 to hit $83.50 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.16% or 0.99 to trade at $84.66 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.15% to 75.049, while EUR/INR rose 0.13% to 86.9900.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 93.977.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.