The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ), which rose 4.24% or 62.80 points to trade at 1542.45 at the close. Larsen & Toubro Ltd (NS: LART ) added 3.22% or 57.60 points to end at 1846.05 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) was up 1.67% or 30.00 points to 1822.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ), which lost 6.32% or 16.60 points to trade at 245.95 in late trade. Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) declined 4.95% or 25.20 points to end at 484.40 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) shed 4.34% or 122.65 points to 2703.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which rose 4.12% to 1539.25, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which was up 3.26% to settle at 1846.40 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which gained 1.99% to close at 19054.05.
The worst performers were ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 6.23% to 246.10 in late trade, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which lost 4.06% to settle at 2546.45 and Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was down 3.97% to 2486.20 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1421 to 324 and 36 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2274 fell and 907 advanced, while 112 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.15% to 17.3825.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.71% or 12.55 to $1778.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 1.14% or 0.93 to hit $82.62 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.77% or 0.65 to trade at $84.98 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.20% to 75.037, while EUR/INR rose 0.21% to 87.4745.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.41% at 93.558.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.