The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ), which rose 3.17% or 101.40 points to trade at 3302.75 at the close. Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) added 2.77% or 7.95 points to end at 295.25 and SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) was up 1.87% or 22.35 points to 1214.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ), which lost 2.95% or 23.40 points to trade at 769.90 in late trade. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) declined 2.69% or 39.05 points to end at 1411.20 and Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ) shed 2.63% or 24.95 points to 922.85.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which rose 3.20% to 3303.10, Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was up 1.73% to settle at 19794.00 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which gained 1.54% to close at 798.50.
The worst performers were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was down 2.89% to 770.15 in late trade, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which lost 2.67% to settle at 1411.40 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was down 2.04% to 16784.55 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 901 to 767 and 59 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1596 fell and 1417 advanced, while 141 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.31% to 14.1850.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.15% or 2.80 to $1815.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.09% or 0.06 to hit $68.56 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.11% or 0.08 to trade at $71.71 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.17% to 73.073, while EUR/INR rose 0.27% to 86.3610.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 92.648.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.