India shares lower at close of trade; Nifty 50 down 0.33%
Investing.com – India equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Banking , Auto and Consumer Durables sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 lost 0.33%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index declined 0.43%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Larsen & Toubro Ltd (NS: LART ), which rose 4.07% or 73.85 points to trade at 1889.50 at the close. Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) added 2.38% or 41.50 points to end at 1785.55 and UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ) was up 2.33% or 16.75 points to 737.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ), which lost 3.37% or 27.45 points to trade at 787.95 in late trade. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) declined 2.85% or 34.60 points to end at 1177.95 and Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) shed 2.08% or 14.85 points to 699.10.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which rose 3.99% to 1888.65, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which was up 2.22% to settle at 7880.95 and Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which gained 1.84% to close at 3162.95.
The worst performers were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 3.27% to 788.00 in late trade, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which lost 2.79% to settle at 1178.35 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 1.97% to 2036.30 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 950 to 782 and 54 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1595 fell and 1524 advanced, while 150 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 5.49% to 16.1250.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.37% or 6.55 to $1782.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 2.25% or 1.89 to hit $82.02 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.97% or 1.67 to trade at $83.05 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.30% to 74.465, while EUR/INR fell 0.18% to 86.3135.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 94.017.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or