The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ), which rose 3.01% or 63.75 points to trade at 2,180.40 at the close. Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ) added 2.70% or 81.10 points to end at 3,086.35 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) was up 2.38% or 21.20 points to 910.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ), which lost 7.10% or 13.00 points to trade at 170.05 in late trade. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) declined 6.98% or 87.35 points to end at 1,164.90 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) shed 6.25% or 10.30 points to 154.45.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which rose 3.24% to 2,184.10, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was up 2.46% to settle at 3,083.70 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which gained 2.40% to close at 910.75.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 6.95% to 1,165.40 in late trade, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which lost 2.74% to settle at 861.10 and NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was down 2.33% to 155.30 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1504 to 345 and 26 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2403 fell and 843 advanced, while 128 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.23% to 22.30 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.02% or 0.40 to $1,858.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 1.59% or 1.64 to hit $101.45 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 1.73% or 1.83 to trade at $104.11 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.07% to 77.32, while EUR/INR fell 0.12% to 81.54.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.07% at 103.76.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.