The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ), which rose 3.08% or 37.75 points to trade at 1265.20 at the close. Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) added 2.38% or 40.00 points to end at 1723.80 and SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) was up 2.00% or 22.55 points to 1148.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ), which lost 2.93% or 48.70 points to trade at 1610.90 in late trade. NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ) declined 2.65% or 3.30 points to end at 121.25 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) shed 1.81% or 44.90 points to 2435.35.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which rose 3.08% to 1265.10, Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was up 2.34% to settle at 1723.20 and Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which gained 0.65% to close at 3288.15.
The worst performers were NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was down 2.69% to 121.25 in late trade, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which lost 2.47% to settle at 203.25 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was down 1.71% to 812.50 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1159 to 623 and 36 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1697 fell and 1526 advanced, while 100 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 2.04% to 16.1475.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.01% or 0.25 to $1810.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.32% or 0.96 to hit $73.72 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.10% or 0.08 to trade at $76.52 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.05% to 74.982, while EUR/INR rose 0.03% to 85.0070.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 96.035.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.