The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ), which rose 1.73% or 22.35 points to trade at 1315.80 at the close. Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ) added 1.58% or 258.50 points to end at 16614.95 and Vedanta Ltd (NS: VDAN ) was up 0.85% or 1.20 points to 142.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ), which lost 3.98% or 1.55 points to trade at 37.35 in late trade. Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) declined 3.81% or 6.65 points to end at 168.10 and GAIL Ltd (NS: GAIL ) shed 3.71% or 4.55 points to 118.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which rose 1.86% to 1316.35, Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was up 1.70% to settle at 16629.40 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which gained 0.89% to close at 2203.25.
The worst performers were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which was down 3.20% to 99.95 in late trade, Hero MotoCorp Ltd (BO: HROM ) which lost 3.07% to settle at 2284.35 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 2.37% to 408.65 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1110 to 462 and 76 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1645 fell and 783 advanced, while 144 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 5.88% to 14.4150.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.19% or 2.95 to $1583.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.06% or 0.03 to hit $52.35 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.03% or 0.02 to trade at $57.30 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.22% to 71.372, while EUR/INR fell 0.08% to 77.4170.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 98.975.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.