The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ), which rose 2.79% or 224.40 points to trade at 8274.75 at the close. Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ) added 2.49% or 78.55 points to end at 3230.25 and SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) was up 2.35% or 27.05 points to 1180.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which lost 3.13% or 24.45 points to trade at 755.60 in late trade. Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) declined 2.14% or 53.90 points to end at 2464.00 and Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ) shed 2.09% or 19.25 points to 902.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which rose 2.77% to 8273.00, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was up 2.47% to settle at 3229.80 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which gained 2.08% to close at 191.15.
The worst performers were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 1.95% to 712.15 in late trade, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which lost 1.91% to settle at 2464.05 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 1.51% to 2051.50 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1065 to 687 and 47 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1791 fell and 1461 advanced, while 107 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.41% to 14.9800 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.46% or 8.55 to $1862.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 1.00% or 0.80 to hit $78.94 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.89% or 0.73 to trade at $81.70 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.25% to 74.265, while EUR/INR fell 0.32% to 84.0010.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 95.942.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.