The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ), which rose 2.32% or 15.95 points to trade at 704.00 at the close. Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) added 2.22% or 35.50 points to end at 1638.15 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ) was up 1.22% or 90.75 points to 7516.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ), which lost 3.14% or 233.75 points to trade at 7218.75 in late trade. Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) declined 2.19% or 387.10 points to end at 17324.00 and Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) shed 2.02% or 15.55 points to 754.10.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which rose 2.38% to 704.05, Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was up 2.20% to settle at 1637.85 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which gained 1.20% to close at 7515.40.
The worst performers were Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was down 3.10% to 7220.10 in late trade, Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which lost 2.14% to settle at 17343.50 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 2.00% to 2409.80 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 914 to 895 and 47 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1872 rose and 1500 declined, while 167 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 3.18% to 16.5700.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.08% or 1.40 to $1786.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.22% or 0.16 to hit $71.83 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.25% or 0.19 to trade at $75.34 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.14% to 75.801, while EUR/INR fell 0.25% to 85.4050.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.31% at 96.375.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.