The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were GAIL Ltd (NS: GAIL ), which rose 5.13% or 7.05 points to trade at 144.55 at the close. SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) added 2.65% or 25.40 points to end at 984.00 and Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) was up 1.57% or 6.55 points to 422.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ), which lost 3.13% or 28.45 points to trade at 881.75 in late trade. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) declined 2.12% or 109.95 points to end at 5076.00 and Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) shed 2.10% or 41.05 points to 1918.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which rose 1.86% to 109.65, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was up 1.12% to settle at 5615.25 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which gained 0.39% to close at 3048.95.
The worst performers were Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was down 2.26% to 5067.30 in late trade, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which lost 2.18% to settle at 1916.55 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 1.99% to 645.70 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 942 to 693 and 71 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1526 fell and 1331 advanced, while 161 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.88% to 23.0100.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.51% or 9.05 to $1782.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.75% or 1.13 to hit $65.62 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.97% or 1.33 to trade at $68.89 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.05% to 73.850, while EUR/INR fell 0.34% to 88.7230.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.39% at 91.282.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.