The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ), which rose 1.39% or 14.50 points to trade at 1060.40 at the close. SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) added 0.71% or 7.20 points to end at 1021.60 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) was up 0.68% or 18.45 points to 2729.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ), which lost 3.39% or 10.75 points to trade at 306.35 in late trade. JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ) declined 3.21% or 22.15 points to end at 668.25 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ) shed 2.75% or 115.25 points to 4073.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which rose 1.32% to 1059.80, HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was up 0.15% to settle at 976.90 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which gained 0.15% to close at 231.20.
The worst performers were Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was down 2.71% to 4073.15 in late trade, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which lost 2.30% to settle at 1189.75 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 1.96% to 667.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1040 to 645 and 42 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1654 fell and 1385 advanced, while 133 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 11.03% to 13.5600.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.58% or 10.45 to $1812.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 1.27% or 0.92 to hit $71.28 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 1.02% or 0.75 to trade at $72.68 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.08% to 74.847, while EUR/INR rose 0.44% to 88.5555.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 92.517.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.