The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ), which rose 4.89% or 10.00 points to trade at 214.65 at the close. Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) added 1.66% or 30.00 points to end at 1836.50 and Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) was up 1.66% or 11.70 points to 715.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ), which lost 4.53% or 818.35 points to trade at 17258.95 in late trade. Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ) declined 3.73% or 128.05 points to end at 3308.75 and Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) shed 3.39% or 151.75 points to 4329.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which rose 4.86% to 214.60, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was up 1.60% to settle at 715.30 and Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which gained 0.81% to close at 3307.70.
The worst performers were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was down 4.57% to 17260.30 in late trade, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which lost 2.33% to settle at 1824.15 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 2.25% to 3827.85 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 912 to 899 and 25 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1711 rose and 1600 declined, while 73 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.15% to 17.7900.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.29% or 5.40 to $1837.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.09% or 0.08 to hit $85.72 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.33% or 0.29 to trade at $88.15 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.09% to 74.495, while EUR/INR rose 0.13% to 84.5225.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 95.530.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.