The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which rose 2.12% or 14.80 points to trade at 713.00 at the close. Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) added 1.89% or 7.15 points to end at 386.00 and Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ) was up 1.28% or 1.55 points to 122.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ), which lost 3.92% or 8.40 points to trade at 206.10 in late trade. Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) declined 3.00% or 74.60 points to end at 2408.25 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) shed 2.55% or 50.05 points to 1914.20.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which rose 0.72% to 1801.85, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was up 0.61% to settle at 951.25 and Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which gained 0.47% to close at 1118.00.
The worst performers were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 4.03% to 206.00 in late trade, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which lost 3.05% to settle at 2408.15 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 2.58% to 1913.60 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 968 to 792 and 51 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1760 rose and 1396 declined, while 141 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 2.03% to 18.4550.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.52% or 9.25 to $1771.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 2.51% or 1.67 to hit $68.17 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 2.58% or 1.80 to trade at $71.47 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 96.145.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.