The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ), which rose 1.79% or 2.15 points to trade at 122.10 at the close. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) added 1.03% or 10.05 points to end at 982.40 and Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) was up 0.49% or 6.10 points to 1254.45 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ), which lost 3.30% or 58.40 points to trade at 1710.15 in late trade. Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) declined 2.97% or 43.60 points to end at 1424.90 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) shed 2.73% or 48.25 points to 1721.35.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which rose 0.94% to 981.95, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was up 0.52% to settle at 1254.75 and NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which gained 0.51% to close at 137.10.
The worst performers were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was down 2.94% to 1424.35 in late trade, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which lost 2.71% to settle at 1721.00 and UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which was down 2.16% to 7310.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1429 to 374 and 23 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2289 fell and 917 advanced, while 98 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 5.48% to 18.6800.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.50% or 9.25 to $1828.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.53% or 0.48 to hit $90.36 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.44% or 0.40 to trade at $91.81 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.02% to 75.366, while EUR/INR rose 0.12% to 85.8915.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.31% at 95.840.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.