The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ), which fell 0.13% or 1.10 points to trade at 840.00 at the close. Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) fell 0.51% or 82.30 points to end at 15929.95 and Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) was down 1.14% or 30.85 points to 2682.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ), which lost 3.88% or 45.85 points to trade at 1136.00 in late trade. Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) declined 2.83% or 10.45 points to end at 358.30 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NS: TCS ) shed 3.76% or 139.70 points to 3579.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which fell 0.74% to 15885.45, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was down 0.39% to settle at 837.70 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which lost 0.73% to close at 1812.95.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 3.85% to 1136.00 in late trade, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which lost 3.67% to settle at 3583.75 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 2.52% to 498.95 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1538 to 292 and 8 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2588 fell and 665 advanced, while 83 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 18.15% to 27.0600 a new 6-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.63% or 12.05 to $1911.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 3.68% or 3.32 to hit $93.53 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 2.10% or 1.95 to trade at $94.94 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.00% to 74.859, while EUR/INR rose 0.53% to 84.6985.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 96.112.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.