The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ), which rose 2.47% or 61.70 points to trade at 2,563.35 at the close. Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) added 2.17% or 27.40 points to end at 1,290.75 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) was up 1.99% or 4.65 points to 238.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ), which lost 4.90% or 309.15 points to trade at 6,000.30 in late trade. Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) declined 4.58% or 199.95 points to end at 4,165.85 and Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) shed 4.44% or 1,115.00 points to 23,973.65.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which rose 2.21% to 1,291.50, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was up 1.88% to settle at 238.25 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which gained 1.83% to close at 266.75.
The worst performers were Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was down 4.91% to 6,000.95 in late trade, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which lost 4.11% to settle at 673.20 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was down 3.49% to 13,643.50 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1481 to 347 and 28 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2427 fell and 818 advanced, while 105 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 4.72% to 21.25.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.40% or 7.48 to $1,883.18 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 2.20% or 2.38 to hit $110.64 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 2.25% or 2.49 to trade at $113.39 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.46% to 76.86, while EUR/INR rose 0.94% to 81.38.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.48% at 103.30.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.