The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which rose 3.94% or 4.10 points to trade at 108.15 at the close. Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) added 3.90% or 5.00 points to end at 133.05 and Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) was up 3.87% or 151.50 points to 4062.35 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ), which lost 4.68% or 118.75 points to trade at 2420.10 in late trade. HDFC Bank Ltd (NS: HDBK ) declined 4.09% or 60.20 points to end at 1412.30 and ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ) shed 3.37% or 20.95 points to 600.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which rose 4.32% to 108.55, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was up 1.57% to settle at 654.70 and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which gained 1.23% to close at 5164.30.
The worst performers were Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which was down 4.38% to 2420.15 in late trade, HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which lost 4.09% to settle at 1412.20 and ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which was down 3.36% to 600.40 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 904 to 719 and 78 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1524 fell and 1304 advanced, while 161 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.19% to 23.0275.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.01% or 0.25 to $1768.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 1.58% or 1.03 to hit $63.98 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 1.37% or 0.93 to trade at $67.12 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.05% to 74.053, while EUR/INR fell 0.32% to 89.4975.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 90.825.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.