The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ), which rose 0.43% or 71.70 points to trade at 16,874.00 at the close. Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ) added 0.17% or 5.70 points to end at 3,391.10 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) was up 0.01% or 0.15 points to 2,146.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ), which lost 6.03% or 57.85 points to trade at 901.70 in late trade. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) declined 5.99% or 21.40 points to end at 336.10 and Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) shed 5.34% or 10.15 points to 179.90.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which rose 0.30% to 16,872.80, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was down 0.12% to settle at 2,657.45 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which lost 0.19% to close at 2,146.40.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 6.04% to 901.70 in late trade, Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which lost 4.37% to settle at 975.50 and Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was down 4.11% to 653.95 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1651 to 203 and 22 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2650 fell and 607 advanced, while 99 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 3.25% to 22.87.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.18% or 3.20 to $1,822.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.97% or 1.12 to hit $114.19 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.05% or 1.25 to trade at $117.26 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.23% to 78.07, while EUR/INR fell 0.52% to 81.18.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 104.93.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.