The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ), which rose 0.40% or 1.90 points to trade at 473.80 at the close. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) fell 0.10% or 4.05 points to end at 3,880.00 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NS: TCS ) was down 0.10% or 3.35 points to 3,408.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ), which lost 6.13% or 46.60 points to trade at 713.30 in late trade. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) declined 5.79% or 53.45 points to end at 869.90 and Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) shed 4.12% or 48.00 points to 1,117.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Wipro Ltd (BO: WIPR ) which rose 0.91% to 475.50, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was down 0.05% to settle at 3,884.20 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which lost 0.06% to close at 3,411.00.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 5.82% to 869.45 in late trade, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which lost 4.13% to settle at 1,118.15 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was down 3.76% to 5,588.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1498 to 353 and 16 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2523 fell and 725 advanced, while 85 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 6.41% to 24.26 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.34% or 6.30 to $1,847.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 1.78% or 1.88 to hit $103.83 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 1.80% or 1.93 to trade at $105.58 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.03% to 77.40, while EUR/INR fell 0.73% to 80.77.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.56% at 104.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.