The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ), which rose 59.30% or 22.00 points to trade at 59.10 at the close. Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) added 3.09% or 60.05 points to end at 2001.95 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) was up 2.77% or 456.30 points to 16950.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ), which lost 20.05% or 33.35 points to trade at 133.00 in late trade. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) declined 9.20% or 61.10 points to end at 603.05 and ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ) shed 8.92% or 35.95 points to 366.95.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which rose 3.49% to 2009.00, Hero MotoCorp Ltd (BO: HROM ) which was up 2.68% to settle at 1831.90 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which gained 2.53% to close at 162.15.
The worst performers were ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which was down 8.95% to 366.85 in late trade, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which lost 8.89% to settle at 604.30 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was down 6.26% to 3444.85 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1027 to 518 and 80 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1562 fell and 737 advanced, while 145 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 6.88% to 62.9250 a new 5-year high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.92% or 13.70 to $1472.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.48% or 0.43 to hit $29.43 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.30% or 0.09 to trade at $29.96 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.32% to 74.235, while EUR/INR fell 0.82% to 82.0555.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.85% at 98.985.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.