The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ), which rose 3.32% or 8.85 points to trade at 275.65 at the close. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) added 0.61% or 23.65 points to end at 3,929.45 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) was up 0.37% or 0.85 points to 228.75 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ), which lost 6.25% or 30.10 points to trade at 451.15 in late trade. HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) declined 5.99% or 64.30 points to end at 1,009.40 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) shed 5.44% or 82.05 points to 1,427.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which rose 3.43% to 275.65, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was up 0.82% to settle at 3,940.00 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which gained 0.29% to close at 228.50.
The worst performers were Wipro Ltd (BO: WIPR ) which was down 6.21% to 451.35 in late trade, HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which lost 6.01% to settle at 1,009.45 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was down 5.46% to 1,427.20 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1528 to 321 and 30 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2385 fell and 828 advanced, while 119 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 10.15% to 24.56.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.62% or 11.32 to $1,827.22 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.44% or 1.54 to hit $105.50 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 1.04% or 1.14 to trade at $107.97 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.19% to 77.67, while EUR/INR rose 0.31% to 81.68.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.45% at 103.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.