The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ), which rose 26.97% or 35.90 points to trade at 169.00 at the close. Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ) added 5.12% or 3.00 points to end at 61.65 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) was up 3.33% or 2.00 points to 62.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ), which lost 23.99% or 144.95 points to trade at 459.20 in late trade. Bharti Infratel Ltd (NS: BHRI ) declined 22.48% or 43.70 points to end at 150.70 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) shed 11.47% or 151.70 points to 1171.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which rose 9.83% to 65.95, ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was up 0.97% to settle at 150.65 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which lost 0.12% to close at 214.65.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 23.90% to 459.85 in late trade, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which lost 11.29% to settle at 143.85 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 11.23% to 1173.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1341 to 219 and 66 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1909 fell and 349 advanced, while 138 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.64% to 63.9550 a new 5-year high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.16% or 17.75 to $1508.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 5.78% or 1.58 to hit $25.75 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 2.96% or 0.85 to trade at $27.88 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.35% to 74.320, while EUR/INR rose 0.46% to 81.8080.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 99.935.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.